In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi our teams accommodate more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually. NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi is renowned for The Trauma Center, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with Albert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.
- Health history assessment: Patient screening procedures; such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, oral cancer screening, head and neck inspection, dental charting and taking blood pressure and pulse.
- Dental hygiene assessment and treatment planning.
- Dental hygiene exam and charting of intra-oral and extra-oral conditions, which include periodontal charting, dental charting and classifying occlusion.
- Remove hard and soft deposits (calculus, biofilm/plaque, stain) from tooth surfaces.
- Periodontal scaling and root planning.
- Apply tooth-decay preventive agents (fluoride, sealants, silver diamine fluoride) to teeth.
- Dental hygiene nutritional and dietary evaluation.
- Placement of subgingival prescription drugs for prevention and treatment of periodontal disease.
- Expose, process and interpret dental x-rays.
- Place and remove temporary fillings and periodontal dressings.
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health (e.g., toothbrushing, flossing and nutritional counseling).
- Counseling patients about good nutrition and its impact on oral health.
- Making impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth used by dentists to evaluate patient treatment needs). May mix amalgam, cement, composite, and other materials.
- Sterilize instruments and maintain clinic and clinic equipment in a hygienic condition.
- Meet metrics for HEDIS measure dental annual visit and dental screenings