5 days ago
Job Summary / Purpose
With a vision to be the premier LNG exporter in North America, Golden Pass, a joint venture of Qatar Petroleum & ExxonMobil, is constructing an LNG export terminal on the Gulf Coast near Sabine Pass, Texas where it currently has an LNG import terminal. Golden Pass LNG’s mission is to bring clean energy from Texas to power the world.
As part of its vision and mission and consistent with its transformation from an LNG import to an LNG export business, Golden Pass is undergoing rapid growth and is seeking a Market Risk Manager whose primary task is to ensure that the front office stays within its Market risk tolerance limits as prescribed by the Risk Management Committee. Market risk pertains to potential loss due to market movements such as changes in Commodity prices.
This would require the candidate to be a technical authority not only in the area of market risk measurement and control but also have strong knowledge of the North American gas and global LNG markets and derivative products that GPLNG is involved in. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas, internal senior stakeholders, and occasional external customers. Responsible for measuring, monitoring and analyzing the organization’s market risk exposure on a day-to-day and long-term basis for various commodities financial & physical products. The candidate would monitor trading limits and be responsible for approving transactions over certain established limits. This individual works with the commercial team members and management and recommends actions to mitigate risk. Responsible for monitoring and analyzing the organization’s market risk exposure by understanding the risks and rewards of GPLNG’s strategies and structures solutions to mitigate inherited risk. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
Essential Duties / Functions
1. Working with front office to ensure that all relevant market risk factors are properly identified and formally captured in official risk systems
2. Working with legal/regulatory team in regards to regulatory compliance programs
3. Developing and maintaining an appropriate risk metrics and autonomous market risk limits framework with applicable limits and triggers
4. Autonomously monitor business compliance with the firm’s market risk-related policies and report any market risk violation to the appropriate governance body
5. Oversee risk exposure measurement and limit monitoring processes to ensure integrity and appropriate independence of reporting
6. Participate in the development of stress testing that properly considers risk concentrations; review results and assess appropriate follow-up actions
7. Participate in the ongoing development, implementation and upgrade of risk systems as well risk measurement including VaR, limit monitoring systems, stress systems etc.
8. Participate in bespoke projects which constitute direct integration with Gas Supply and LNG Operation; regulated pipeline, import businesses and market in general
9. Working with senior management on well-defined mid to long term projects that require technical skills and strategic planning
10. Develop analytical models to enable risk metric implementation
11. Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding GPLNG, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Minimum education required of the position.
Minimum experience required of the position.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.