*Posted Date:* Jan 13, 2021
* We are now hiring for a full-time *COOK HELPER *position.
* *Location*: Federated- 1929 South Cedar Ave, Owatonna, MN 55060. /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: 6 AM- 2:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
* *Requirement*: Culinary experience is a plus.
* *Perks: Willing to train, no weekends or evenings!*
/*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available/
*We Make Applying Easy! *Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text *JOB* to *75000 *and search *requisition ID number** 446144. *Additionally, you can get in front of the hiring manager faster and share what makes you unique with a *Prerecorded Video Interview! *Click here to learn more!
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We’re hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We’ve led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/
*Summary:* Learns to assists in the preparation and cooking of various food items prior to being considered a qualified, skilled cook. Maintains food safety and sanitation standards in the preparation and kitchen areas.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Learns to read menu to estimate food requirements. Orders food from supplier or procures it from storage.
* Prepares and cooks food in accordance with company production records and standardized recipes.
* Learns to adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles.
* Helps measure and mix ingredients according to recipes using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
* Bakes, roasts, broils and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods under guidance. Adds seasoning to food during mixing or cooking under the instruction of others.
* Tests food by tasting, smelling and piercing to determine that it is cooked.
* Carves meat, portions food on serving plates, and adds gravies, sauces and garnishes to fill orders as directed.
* Washes, peels, cuts and shreds fruits and vegetables and fruits.
* Butchers chicken, fish and shellfish as directed.
* Bakes bread, rolls, cakes and pastry as course of instruction permits.
* Maintains work area and equipment. Follows principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
* Interacts with customers and coworkers in a courteous, efficient and friendly manner.
* Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Associates at Bon Appétit are offered many fantastic benefits.*
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
* Life Insurance/AD
* Disability Insurance
* Retirement Plan
* Associate Shopping Program
* Health and Wellness Programs
* Discount Marketplace
* Identity Theft Protection
* Pet Insurance
* Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
* Commuter Benefits
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 446144