As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide
For our operations in Berlin/Germany, we are looking for an
Specialist (m/f/d) strategic communication for the NAMA Facility
Field of activity:
GIZ implements the Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action (NAMA) Facility on behalf of its Donors, notably the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy of the United Kingdom, the government of Denmark and the EU. The Technical Support Unit (TSU) is staffed by GIZ and responsible for the management of the NAMA Facility. The TSU assists the NAMA Facility Board in running Calls for NAMA Support Projects (NSPs), secretarial and management functions, communications, public relations and sharing of learning experiences. The NAMA Facility finances individual NSPs. NAMAs are used as one of the key building blocks to implement the Nationally Determined Contributions of countries under the Paris Climate Agreement.
- Working within the TSU, with NSPs and Donors to support strategic communications interventions to boost climate action across traditional and digital media
- Providing capacity building for the TSU and NSPs by ensuring the highest quality and standard in shaping, drafting, pitching and amplifying communications materials
- Producing, executing and guiding digital outreach campaigns, including monitoring impact and more broadly knowledge products
- Design and conduct innovative events targeting potential applicants preparing Outlines as part of the annual NAMA Facility calls and the broader climate finance community
- Networking with national and international players as well as establishing and maintaining an international network in the field of climate finance
- University degree in communications, climate finance or another area with relevance for climate protection
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the NAMA Facility and many years of professional experience in the field of communication issues related to climate finance
- Substantial experience in professional communications with a proven track record of successful strategic communications, media relations and digital campaigns, as well as experience in the private sector
- Practical experience in development cooperation, project management and monitoring and evaluation systems is desirable
- In-depth technical knowledge in the areas of carbon markets, the Clean Development Mechanism, new market mechanisms, emissions trading, greenhouse gas monitoring and the international climate regime are desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively with minimal guidance, work as part of a team, foster fruitful relationships and collaborate with stakeholders internally and externally
- Independent and structured working methods, organizational skills, teamwork and a high degree of resilience
- Native speaker level in English; German, French or Spanish language skills are an advantage
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 03/07/2021.
Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=53942
You can find this job under the Job-ID P1533V6009.