Accounting Manager, Lease and Telco Accounting
The Accounting Manager is a key position within the Controller’s organization, responsible for the accounting and financial reporting for the Lease and Telco Accounting team. This individual contributor role reports to the Manager, Accounting. This role will serve as a resource for managing team-wide initiatives, process improvements, supporting operational close, and completing complex analysis. This position will work closely with T-Mobile’s Engineering, Procurement, Retail, Commercial Real Estate, FP&A, IT, Tax, and other Accounting teams; and has significant interaction across leadership.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably within a large company accounting environment or 3+ years public accounting experience.
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple projects while meeting set deadlines of team deliverables.
- Strong systems and software technical aptitude that includes proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel), and largescale ERP system experience (SAP, PeopleSoft).
- Excellent attention to details.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required (CPA preferred), Wireless Industry experience preferred.
- Excellent decision-making and analytical abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with different levels within the organization.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance a large group of diverse projects simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manipulate large volumes of data from multiple systems.
- Support alignment with the overall department and corporate objectives.
- Drive efficiencies with innovative solutions through automation and process improvement initiatives.
- Analyze data, identify problem areas, design, lead and manage projects to facilitate work efficiencies.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives, drive process improvements, and implement best practices.
- Prepare and review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses, and disclosure schedules in accordance with T-Mobile accounting policies (both US GAAP and IFRS).
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of systems, processes, data flows and reporting in the areas of accounting responsibility.
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place throughout area of accounting responsibility.
- Ensure quarter-end review and year-end financial audit processes are effectively supported and any issues are resolved appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Develop end-to-end and comprehensive accounting documentation for processes and business initiatives used by operational accounting, financial reporting, and control owners.
- Train team members on new functionality and new processes to ensure financial accuracy and timelines can be met.
T-Mobile U.S. Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is America’s supercharged Un-carrier, delivering an advanced 4G LTE and transformative nationwide 5G network that will offer reliable connectivity for all. T-Mobile’s customers benefit from its unmatched combination of value and quality, unwavering obsession with offering them the best possible service experience and undisputable drive for disruption that creates competition and innovation in wireless and beyond. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile and Sprint. For more information please visit: http://www.t-mobile.com
EOE StatementEqual Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.