Technical Writer (Content Designer)
People make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
At Sage, Content Designers play a vital role by creating succinct digital content that gives users the right information, at the right time and in the right format as they navigate our digital products.
You’ll join a team of Content Designers primarily within our small business segment based in Newcastle, where you’ll work closely with UX Designers and Solution Designers to produce content across the end to end user journey to ensure users can complete their goals.
The content you produce will guide the user to success. This could involve microcopy to help the users navigate our products or user assistance for further help and guidance. As well as language and authoring best practices, you’ll need UX/technical writing skills and an understanding of user-centred design.
Writing is one thing – but you’ll know that doing it in a UX setting is entirely another. For you – and the hundreds of thousands of users who will benefit from your work – it’s all about context.
The process of distilling complex, technical know-how into easily understood content is just one of your many passions. And it’s that combination of passions that makes you such a unique proposition as an employee. That’s why we’d love someone like you, whose experience is crucial to quality UX, to join us here.
WHY YOU WOULD LOVE TO JOIN US:
You’ll work alongside highly capable UX and Content Designers, who really enjoy working collaboratively and embracing new ideas.
We offer a range of benefits that complement a competitive salary, including share save scheme, bonus options and pensions plan.
All colleagues get 25 days of paid annual leave with the option to buy up to another 5 days.
Plus, colleagues will receive learning day to develop skills and behaviours linked to their personal or career development!
Colleagues can also enjoy an additional number of family friendly benefits including the option to flex start and end times during the week and flexible working.
Sage also offers numerous business resources groups that you can join or simply be supported by such as our Foundation Amabassadors, Pride@Sage, Diversity&Inclusion@Sage and Healthy Mind First Aiders networks.
Now, is a great time to join the team. We’re already transforming the way people think and work to help customers thrive. We’re well on the way to becoming a great SaaS company. But to continue our lead, we need the right talent. So, if you’re ready for a new challenge, get in touch!
• Possess a combination of UX writing and technical writing skills, and an understanding of user-centred design.
• Help to design solutions that are easy to learn, and efficient to use, meeting the exact needs of the user with simplicity and elegance.
• Understand how to create and manage content that can be localised for a global audience.
• Are inspired by user engagement and immersed in user context and the problem solving.
• Deliver just the right amount of intelligent content in context – providing users with the information they need when they need it, on the platform and device of their choosing.
• Have a broad range of experience with authoring tools for digital content experiences, and advanced knowledge of reuse and single-sourcing strategies.
• Craft micro-copy and compelling user-centred content for Sage solutions.
• Provide accessible user assistance in-app and online, guiding first-time and expert users to success.
• Define the content strategy, information model, and delivery channels and outputs for the product.
• Develop templates, process, and style guidelines
• Develop search strategies and optimisation.
• Measure content effectiveness and iterate based on data.
• Help plan larger projects with phased delivery, designing scalable solutions.
Sage is a global company built on the unique personalities and characteristics of 13,000 colleagues across 24 countries. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes. As a worldwide FTSE 100 company, we do business the right way while giving back to our local communities. By giving each colleague five paid days a year to support the Sage Foundation, they can volunteer in whatever way they feel best. We believe in building a culture where colleagues feel they can bring their whole selves to work. Where people know they’ll be judged on their performance and behaviours – not their identity. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment and not discriminated against based on their race, colour, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability.
*If you are on a mobile device and are struggling to apply for this role, please tap the envelope button to email the job to yourself so you can complete on desktop.