Job Ref: TH1093
Branch: The Trafalgar St. James, Curio Collection by Hilton
Location: The Trafalgar St. James, London (South West)
Salary/Benefits: Competitive Salary
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Hours per week: 40
Posted date: 25/02/2021
Closing date: 27/03/2021
At The Trafalgar St. James, we have a fantastic opportunity for a driven individual who is looking to progress their career as Front Office Manager in lifestyle and luxury hotels .
Part of London & Regional Hotels, The Trafalgar St. James, Curio Collection by Hilton is a 5 Star hotel with 131 bedrooms including 15 exquisite suites and a number of venues including our unique Rooftop bar, lauded as one of the best in the city.
L+R Hotels comprises Iconic Luxury Hotels, Atlas Hotels, City Hotels and Destination Hotels including the newly open Nobu Portman Square and Mayfair Town House. L+R Hotels is a driven global hotel investment and management company, committed to creating long-term, sustainable value by delivering exceptional hospitality. L+R Hotels owns and manages an extensive hotel portfolio with approximately 18,000 bedrooms across 90 hotels in the UK, Continental Europe, the US and the Caribbean.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, as our Front Office Manager, you will lead the Reception, Nights and Guest Relations teams.
You will also:
- Manage guest service from the time of reservation to departure, ensuring a truly unique experience throughout our guests' journey
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the department, keeping the team focused to ensure highest standards of guest service are always delivered
- Ensure the team has the tools, knowledge and information they need to deliver great service. Team communication, training and development will be key.
- Identify operational challenges in the department and deliver solutions for improvement
- Ensure the wellbeing and engagement of the team follow company standards
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
The ideal candidate will demonstrate leadership skills and a genuine passion for service. The ability to multitask and prioritise is important, as well as the ability to motivate and develop your team. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a good level of numeracy and technical skills.
In addition to this, our ideal candidate will have
- Front Office Management experience within a 5-star hotel environment
- The ability to engage and connect with guests and team members with a creative, forward thinking approach
- Hands on operational style with high visibility within the team and for our guests
- Demonstrate excellence decision making and flexibility to respond to different work situations
Fantastic Company Benefits:
- Up to 33 days paid holidays per annum
- Health & Wellbeing Cash Plan
- Discount program for you, your friends & family to stay in Hilton Hotels around the world
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Complimentary meals and dry cleaning on duty
- Opportunities for Internal career progression
- Departmental incentive programmes
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Season ticket loan
The Trafalgar St. James is a sanctuary of style to rest and play on the edge of Trafalgar Square in the bustle of St. James SW1. Our teams are engaged and committed to make our hotel a fantastic place to work, develop and enjoy making lasting friends.
The Trafalgar St. James London, Curio Collection by Hilton, is an iconic London hotel with unique restaurants and bars poised on the edge of St. James and Trafalgar Square but moments from Soho, Mayfair and the West End. This luxury hotel blends innovative bold designs and thoughtful service with excellent dining and nightlife, entertaining both international visitors and Londoners under the same roof. The Trafalgar St. James is a true sanctuary to work, rest and play.
Trafalgar Square is the axis on which London tilts, and The Trafalgar St. James hotel stands at its epicentre. A luxury lifestyle, boutique hotel boasting 3 signature suites, 12 boutique studio junior suites and 116 rooms. Iconic wall art features the best of London’s idols. Details such as in-room books and teas from the Tregothnan estate share a distinctly British flavour. All rooms are decorated in a contemporary urban London style, and are the perfect central point for exploring the capital.
Each room enjoys complimentary Wi-Fi, soft drinks, water and snacks, a vanity make up mirror laptop safe, Tregothnan tea, ceramic kettle and Nespresso coffee machine. Bathrooms include amenities from Molton Brown, for that quintessentially British touch. At the heart of the city, The Trafalgar St. James is mere moments away from Mayfair, London’s famed West End and the iconic City of London.
Rockwell is a plant-filled hideaway to sip on botanical cocktails and scape reality with fantasy. Open all day, guests and Londoners alike are invited to join. The Rooftop is a space for sipping individually crafted cocktails and drinking in the inimitable city view. Complete with alfresco and canopy-covered seating, the sky-high space lends itself as a year-round experience. Biblio, the in-house living room, accommodates up to 80 guests for a reception or 22 guests for a private dinner or boardroom-style meeting.