Phoenix Home Care is currently seeking a Physical Therapist to cover home health patients in the Wichita, KS area.
You’ve heard the speech... “We’re the best there is, come work for us!” but have you actually received that? At Phoenix Home Care we strive to be the best and to achieve that, it starts with treating our clinicians right!
Here are some of the great advantages of becoming a Home Health Phoenix Clinician:
Come check it out! Those are just 5 of the great perks of becoming a Home Health clinician at Phoenix Home Care!
Wichita Center is actively seeking an experienced Physical Therapist to work Per-Diem for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Wichita, KS.
We offer the following:
PT Duties Include:
PT Requirements Include:
Wichita Center is a 118-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a suburban enclave of Wichita, Kansas. Wichita Center excels at rehabilitation, therapy, and long-term care. Excellence is our goal and good outcomes are our daily measures of progress. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We want all residents to leave Wichita Center with dignity and independence. Wichita Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
HealthPro Heritage has a Full-Time PT opening in Wichita, KS. Home health setting, all adults. We offer flexible schedules and can be competitive with pay!
At HealthPro Heritage we hire people who share our vision, who work diligently and provide the kind of care that will help change patient's lives for the better. As an Associate, your dedication and commitment deserve respect and recognition. If you're looking for a career and straightforward and realistic 'care' expectations, maybe it's time to look at our company.
The Physical Therapist evaluates and treats residents, under orders from a physician, through the use of a variety of therapeutic procedures designed to restore loss of muscle strength, coordination and body alignment, to relieve pain and to improve movement and function. The Physical Therapist participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the area of Physical Therapy.
1. Review available resident information and evaluate the impact of this information on the assessment and treatment process.
2. Conduct and document a thorough functional assessment of the resident, utilizing standardized procedures. Assessment of home/vocational and equipment needs.
3. Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on resident needs and containing achievable functional goals.
4. Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines and consistently maintain timely and accurate department records.
5. Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and provide close supervision while such staff members are working with residents.
6. Enter a progress note in the resident record following each treatment session.
7. Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment process. Physical Therapist
8. Document the course of treatment in a clear concise discharge summary utilizing a prescribed format.
9. Orient residents to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Inform residents of any potential risk during any procedures.
10. Work with nursing staff, resident and families to maximize resident's use of functional abilities.
11. Instruct residents and family/other caregiver about exercise programs and therapeutic procedures to be continued by the resident at home following treatment.
12. Assist in the referral process when a resident requires additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge of community resources.
13. Attend and participate in, or provide information for rehabilitation team conferences regarding resident progress, problems or needs.
14. Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings, as required.
15. Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical competency.
16. Participate in the quality improvement process.
17. Promote the programs and services of Heritage Healthcare through formal and informal interactions with the community.
18. Act in compliance with Heritage Healthcare’s regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
19. Provide input to the Rehab Manager on clinical performance of assistants, as requested and appropriate.
20. Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participate in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
21. Perform other duties as assigned and required to provide quality care to residents.
22. Understand reimbursement by various payers and allocates therapy resources efficiently in accordance with resident goals and outcomes related to discharge destination.
23. Demonstrate a knowledge of OBRA regulations, HIPAA, Local Coverage Determination, and third party reimbursement guidelines.
24. Support the company’s commitment to Compassionate Care; projects a professional image to foster confidence in the Rehab Program.
25. Perform duties in an independent manner and recognizes situations where direct supervision is needed; willingly helping others.
26. Maintain the expected productivity level that has been discussed and is expected for your position at your particular facility/facilities.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
1. Bachelor/Masters of Science degree in Physical Therapy.
2. Current license in the state of practice.
3. Prefer supervision, training and/or experience in a setting serving the same age/type of resident population served by this facility.
4. Certification, if applicable, and demonstrated competency in identified areas of specialization.
5. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated competency in applying the principles, methods, materials and equipment used in physical therapy.
7. Ability to assess resident needs and develop and implement a comprehensive plan of care.
8. Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.
9. Ability to complete the following activities safely, and at times, for prolonged periods:
• Standing: Maintaining an upright position on the feet, especially for prolonged periods of time
• Pushing: Applying pressure and exerting force against an object for the purpose of moving it forward or away from the source of the force – push or pull force up to 35 lbs.
• Lifting: Raising an object from a lower to a higher position, or moving an object laterally, from position to position
• Required to lift up to 50 lbs of force independently. May be required to lift over 50 lbs with assistance of another person or a mechanical lift
• Stooping: Bending the body forward and down from the waist, hips and knees, sometimes for a prolonged length of time.
• Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction away from the body
• Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or moving surfaces
Provides physical therapy and related services for patients while maintaining positive levels of interaction with facilities and clients in accordance with the principles and practices of physical therapy and within Reliant Rehabilitation guidelines. Provides quality patient care including screening and evaluation of patients, development of initial and ongoing treatment plans of care, discharge plan, supervision of assistants and Rehab Techs, and case management responsibilities. Maintains professional conduct that represents Reliant Rehabilitation’s commitment to quality and service in all interactions with clients, including positive levels of interaction and rapport with facilities and clients. Adheres to all state and federal regulations regarding physical therapy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Certificates and Licenses:
Interested in learning about us or other opportunities? Please visit our website.
*complete job description available upon request
When you join Reliant's therapy team, you join a team that makes a very real impact in the lives of the patients and residents we serve. As a leading rehab therapy provider for skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), Reliant therapists provide necessary rehabilitation services for our most vulnerable population.As a Reliant therapist, you also have the opportunity to advance your career through our continuing education platform, climbing our clinical ladder and utilizing the opportunity to serve with others who are working at the top of their discipline. Our executive team started their own careers as therapists working with patients, and we take great pride in promoting from within the company.We also have a team of clinicians who provide continuing training, as well as systems and proven protocols to help ensure everyone is providing therapy in the most effective way for the patients and the most compliant way to help ensure our SNF partners are covered. Why Reliant: Reliant is the largest independent rehab therapy provider to skilled nursing facilities and long-term acute hospitals (LTACHs) Great Corporate Support Therapy company ran by Therapists with decades of experience A company that desires for you to grow as a therapist and as a leader in our industry Currently in 38+ states in approximately 850 buildings with plenty of opportunities that fit any therapists needs in location, schedule, or development Reliant Benefits May Include: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Multiple plans to choose from Life Insurance (Free and add-on) 401K PTO (Increased over time) Competitive Pay Packages Voluntary Short Term and Long Term Disability CEU Courses provided by CEU 360 Tuition Repayment Programs Clinical Leadership Support Flexible Schedules Physical Therapist Summary:Provides physical therapy and related services for patients while maintaining positive levels of interaction with facilities and clients in accordance with the principles and practices of physical therapy and within Reliant Rehabilitation guidelines. Provides quality patient care including screening and evaluation of patients, development of initial and ongoing treatment plans of care, discharge plan, supervision of assistants and Rehab Techs, and case management responsibilities. Maintains professional conduct that represents Reliant Rehabilitation's commitment to quality and service in all interactions with clients, including positive levels of interaction and rapport with facilities and clients. Adheres to all state and federal regulations regarding physical therapy.Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Optimize the functionality and skills of patients by providing, directing, and/or overseeing physical therapy Provide consultation and clinical supervision to PTAs. Directly supervise PTA and Rehab Tech in skilled tasks during group and individual treatment in a manner that promotes efficient and effective utilization of resources and facilitates the ongoing development of clinical skills in accordance with State Practice Acts, Omnibus Reconciliation Act (OBRA), and Reliant Rehabilitation policy. Build a strong physical therapy program Enhance clinical expertise, professional and management skills through interaction with managers, therapists and other professional staff, self-study, and other continuing education activities. Maintain a valid state license. Maintain awareness of issues related to the profession of physical therapy and the health care environment. Understands various relevant payment models related to billing and treatment guidelines, as well as clinically appropriate means/modes of delivery. Provide quality care as well as reasonable goals and outcomes within the guidelines. Be compliant with infection control procedures and environmental safety protocol within a facility. Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend in English: instructions, correspondence, charts, memos, and reports Education/Experience: A graduate of an APTA accredited school of physical therapy Computer Skills: Computer literate and proficient in clinical documentation Basic Internet navigation skills Certificates and Licenses: Valid physical therapist state license Interested in learning about us or other opportunities?Please visit our website at:https://www.reliant-rehab.com/home/careers/*complete job description available upon request
Provides physical therapy and related services for patients while maintaining positive levels of interaction with facilities and clients in accordance with the principles and practices of physical therapy and within Reliant Rehabilitation guidelines. Provides quality patient care including screening and evaluation of patients, development of initial and ongoing treatment plans of care, discharge plan, supervision of assistants and Rehab Techs, and case management responsibilities. Maintains professional conduct that represents Reliant Rehabilitation's commitment to quality and service in all interactions with clients, including positive levels of interaction and rapport with facilities and clients. Adheres to all state and federal regulations regarding physical therapy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
Our Physical Therapists examine and treat patients with physical impairments through the use of physical modalities. The goal is to assist persons who are physically challenged to improve mobility and function, independent self-care, other skills necessary for functioning in daily living. We have Specialty Programs that include Balance and Fall Prevention, Spine Safety, Total Hip and Knee Replacement Program, and our Total Shoulder Replacement Program. He/she administers skilled care to clients requiring intermittent professional services and teaches the family and other members of the health care team. These services are performed in accordance with the physician’s orders and the established plan of care, under the direction and supervision of the Branch Director.
Encompass Health – Home Health & Hospice is an equal opportunity employer. We work to promote differences in a collaborative and respectful manner. We are committed to a work environment that supports, encourages and motivates all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected characteristic.At Encompass Health, we aren’t only a workplace, we are a community that truly ‘sets the standard’ by working and living in harmony with one another.
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at Wesley Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
At Wesley, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
·Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
·Paid Personal Leave
·401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
·Identity Theft Protection discounts
·Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
·Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Physical Therapy team is a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Here is some of what you can expect from being a Physical Therapist with us:
·Evaluates and treats patients and consistently modify Physical Therapy programs to decrease or eliminate pain and/ or dysfunction, utilizing different methods of treatment based on diagnosis/ injury
·Developsandimplementsawrittentreatmentplanbasedontheinterpretationofthe assessment to include measurable goals relative to the patient’s age specific needs and diagnosis
·Communicates verbally with the patient, family, physicians and other health care staff regarding the nature of the patient’s disability, treatment plan, safety issues and expected outcome of the patient
·Provides dischargeplanningand a writtendischargesummary for thepatient who willbe continuing rehabilitation service at another facility
·Documents all patient related activities in a manner that is thorough, clear, timely and allows for easy retrieval of information and is consistent with medical center policies and procedures
·SupervisesPhysicalTherapyandPhysicalTherapyAssistant studentsduringtheirclinical affiliations and provide formal and informal education sessions to patients, families, physicians, health care staff, students or any other group requesting information on topics within the scope of practice
·Monitors compliance with all applicable laws and regulations promulgated by the government or other third parties
·Assists the organization in incorporating the guiding principles into its education practices and in creating an environment responsive to change
·Consistently meets established productivity requirements
·Contacts physicians and office staff to promote Rehab services and Wesley Medical Center
·Consistently meets established productivity requirements
What qualifications you will need:
·Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
·Current Physical Therapy licensure in the state of Kansas
·Bachelors of Science in Physical Therapy
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley Medical Center is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. It also includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute care center, level I trauma center and licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets.As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region! Wesley Healthcare owns and operates Wesley Medical Center, Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER, Wesley Children’s Hospital, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and multiple WesleyCare clinics.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
30+ days ago