Warehouse Specialist (TSVRON-20-1885-W):
Bowhead seeks a Warehouse Specialist who will support the Carrier Strike Group Four, Training Support which is responsible for coordinating, establishing, and implementing integrated requirements and policies for manning, equipping, and training fleet units, strike groups (SG), and strike forces (SF).
The Warehouse Specialist will be responsible for the operations of the Training Support Vessel Squadron warehouse. This employee will assist in the day-to-day operations/functions in support of the Government Logistics Management Specialist; support and assist government representatives with locating material for acquisition and transport supplies and material to and from designated locations. This is a non-mariner position and this employee will be assigned to work in the TSVRON warehouse and office facility at Joint Amphibious Base Little Creek, VA.
Essential functions will include:
• Operate government vehicles to include (pick-up truck and forklift)
• Pick up supplies and materials with the government pick-up truck from off base vendors and move them to the warehouse for storage
• Move stock from the warehouse or directly from vendors to the ships, as required
• Load and unload merchandise
• Stack merchandise on racks
• Check in merchandise and affix labels
• Move materials off racks and transfer material to ships in port.
• Place merchandise on pallets or shelves for distribution
• Maintain and operate a forklift and pallet jack to move stock to and from trucks and storage racks.
• Provide limited facilities maintenance of the warehouse to include maintaining general cleanliness, ensuring lighting and safety equipment is functional and operating in good order.
• Ensure material-handling equipment is serviced and functional.
• Report material deficiencies to the Logistics Specialist.
• Assist the Logistics Management Specialist in the handling, storage, delivery and turn in of Hazardous Materials
• Fill requisition, work orders or request for materials, tools, and stock items
• Maintain records of all activity inventory of materials and supplies
• Compile inventory balances of stock on hand
• Identify damage, loss or surplus of good and materials stored in the warehouse
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
• High School Diploma Required. Military experience Preferred.
• Four (4) years’ experience in warehouse and stock control.
• Operate forklifts, pallet jacks, and other material handling equipment
• Extensive knowledge of warehouse procedures and inventory control
• Knowledge of computer operations to include Microsoft office and computer websites to assist the Logistics Management Specialist in locating material for acquisition
• Must possess practical knowledge of the handling and storage of Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)
• Must be physically qualified to work in industrial and shipboard environments and handle supplies, equipment, and other materials in those environments, to include being able to lift 50 lbs. loads to waist height, able to lift arms above their head, and able to climb and descend inclined and vertical ladders and ships brows while in port.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive a Government standard pick-up truck.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply: