Position Summary : Under Direct and Indirect Supervision, the Dental Hygienist will be responsible for providing hygiene treatment to patients.
- Review daily schedule prior to patients’ appointment times
- Work with other hygienists/dental assistants/office manager to schedule hygiene patients with efficiency
- Escort patients from the waiting room to the treatment room at their appointment time
- Review patient health and dental history forms and update as necessary.
- Accurately chart each patient’s periodontal health.
- Accurately chart each patient’s existing conditions.
- Perform thorough and gentle prophylaxis for patients.
- Perform scaling, root planing, and selective polishing for patients as appropriate.
- Take radiographs of patients when necessary and according to office policies.
- Apply cavity-preventive agents, such as fluoride and sealants
- Must communicate with patients in an understandable and professional way with correct grammar
- Check on patient comfort during treatment and help relieve patient anxiety
- Teach proper oral hygiene techniques to patients
- Counsel patients on oral health, including the role of nutrition
- Have experience with dental software as our files are completely digital
- Must have the ability to work closely and professionally with others
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards.
- Check treatment room for cleanliness and make necessary changes
- Assemble soiled instruments and sterilize according to office policies
- Unload sterilized instruments and put away according to office policies
- Securely store and handle patient records in compliance with office policies and procedures and applicable legal requirements, such as HIPAA regulations
- Must be licensed to practice in Wisconsin and meet other applicable state requirements
- Must have completed education from an accredited dental hygiene program
- Experience providing prophylaxis and taking x-rays
- Must have experience working with patients with great interpersonal skills to maintain effective rapport with patients, dentists, and coworkers
- Must have excellent verbal skills to communicate with patients and staff